Eco-friendly products in the baby room
Most children spend a lot of time in their room - during playtime and when they sleep. Besides this, children tend to sometimes bite and suck on toys and other things in the home. There are hidden chemi¬cals from toys and gadgets that the child is get¬ting through air and dust. Soft plastic figures often contain PVC and can leach substances that make plastics soft.
Some¬times there are heavy metals such as lead in toys mode of PVC plastic and electric toys. The plastic casing of video games and stereos can contain flame retardants. Old appliances may contain the mast dangerous varieties. Lead can be found in the soldering inside the electronic gadgets and wires are often softened with harm¬ful phthalates.
What you can do:
- Buy eco-labeled toys, furniture and electronics when you can.
- Recycle discarded electronics such as cell phones instead of letting your child play with them.
- Have separate playrooms and bedrooms if possible. Keep toy boxes in another room.
- Avoid electronics in the children's room.
- Ventilate and clean regularly.