Material and Project Development Engineer
Ecological Hygiene Products
At Naty, our vision is a simple one. We want to provide environmentally friendly hygiene products to babies and mothers throughout the world.
When it comes to your baby’s wellbeing you have a choice. A choice between environmentally friendly natural materials and petrochemicals.
Our approach is a natural one. We want to use natural products whenever and wherever possible in our nappies and we will always strive to improve on that front. We want to change the negative impact on our environment, we want to change the world and we want you to help. We know our goals are lofty ones and we know that there are larger companies out there who compete with us. But we believe in our vision, our products and in you.
- Continuous search and monitor reengineering techniques
– Follow Bio material trends to fulfill and ongoing be the world-leading nature baby care company in product development
– Define, manage and follow quality improvements by working with standards, LEAN processes, monitoring and control inspections
- Cooperate, define and lead projects with suppliers, factories or other external parties to maintain or enhance quality, cost and streamlined processes according to guidelines.
- Internally participate or lead projects with other departments like purchasing, logistics, sales, marketing etc.
- The scope is the total product (Final product, existing and new materials, packaging, design, features etc.)
- Projects are of type from definition until implementation but could also be sub projects. Responsible could be of type leading, coordinating or participating.
- Understand and follow global material development and market trends
- Find new products/alternatives to meet environmental, quality and safety in the best optimal way
- Investigate and resolve work-in-progress product or material problems.
- Recommend and lead implements and/or modifications in products and/or materials.
- Analyze and investigate material/ products – internal lab tests and external activities
- Plan and conduct moderately complex assignments
- Review and estimate costs related tom TCO or BOM in terms of the supply process
- Continuously working with trends and development in packaging, design and features
Production quality and manufacturing
- Detect and follow engineering trends to frequently be updated on the latest techniques
- Understand and be updated on business related manufacturing processes; possibilities and obstacles
- Cooperate with manufacturing partners to ensure that they are work with processes, quality and costs for components/materials available for each product group/sku
- Drive and monitor contracting manufacturers, traders and producers, to establish production capability, availability, quality and unit price.
- Evaluate and monitor production rates, and plan rework processes in order to improve the maximum production potential
- Close cooperation with R&D and industrial lead during project developing phase.
- Assist and input to develop the supplier base together with sourcing department.
- Provide focus and prioritized engineering support to operations to successfully deliver current and future operating plans. Ensure the appropriate standards and processes are adhered to and best practices are shared across the Naty group
- Maintain database to ensure data is correct for components and supplier information
- Strong project management skills and experience is preferred.
- Operate under general direction; plans, schedules and coordinates activities
- Strong team player with co-workers, engineers, procurement, manufacturing and management – internal and external.
- Work with factories, suppliers and customers
- Project leading and decisions making will involve research, analysis, data evaluations, and judgments based on professional expertise. It is important for this role to exhibit an understanding of the industry and the external influences on the business.
- Working knowledge of process development
- Working knowledge of industry test methods.
- This role requires 20-30% travel but occasionally there is a need to stay longer periods abroad
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Engineering, BIO, Polymers, medtech or closely related
- Manufacturing experience is a must as well working with standards like ISO, SA, TS, six sigma
- Experience or knowledge from product development, methods like 3D-CAD/NX-design etc. is an advantage
- Understanding of logistic flows is an advantage
- English is a must
Questions related to the process and position, contact Sourcing and Logistic Manager Mats Norén + 4670 428 80 55 or email@example.com – Application to firstname.lastname@example.org